Terms and Conditions of Use
There is no warranty expressed or implied on the part of the Abbotsford School District ( hereinfafter referred to as the District) as to the suitability or condition of the premises and the Licensee accepts the said premises at his/her own risk and the Licensee covenants to indemnify and save harmless the District from all loss, costs, and damages which may arise as a consequence either directly or indirectly of the granting of the rental agreement. The Licensee agrees to indemnify the District for any loss or damage to the District’s property or any adjoining property due to the occupancy of the District’s premises to any rental agreement relates.
INSURANCE: The licensee shall maintain, at its own expense, Comprehensive General Liability Insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 inclusive per occurrence with respect to the entire rental and the insurance shall:
Name the Board of Education of the Abbotsford School District and its employees as additional insured with respect to liability or damage arising out of the use or occupancy of any Board property by the Licensee. It shall include a cross liability clause and tenant’s legal liability insurance.
Require that the District receive 30 days’ notice of material change or cancellation.
Be placed with insurers licensed in British Columbia.
The Licensee shall provide the District with evidence of such coverage in the form of an insurance certificate.
The Licensee must be 19 years of age or older, be responsible for the admission and actions of all persons associated with the rental in accordance with Terms & Conditions, regulations and licensing requirements, and shall:
- Be in attendance at all bookings
- Make him/herself known to the custodian on duty in the building.
- Provide adequate supervision
- Limit activities to those in the agreement and ensure they are of an organized nature
- Take any action required to protect the District’s property
- Ensure participants adhere to the start/finish times and assigned areas of the rental
- Monitor open doors for unauthorized persons
- Ensure that no food or drink is allowed in the classrooms or gymnasiums.
COSTS: The licensee will be responsible for all fees and costs incurred as a result of the rental including rental and administration fees, staffing costs, damages, clean up or repairs.
SCHOOL EQUIPMENT: Use of school equipment is not included in the rental. In general groups should bring all equipment needed. The permission for use of equipment is at the sole discretion of the school principal and must be documented on the rental schedule in order for the custodian to provide access to the equipment.
- All participants must bring a pair of clean, non-marking runners to wear in school gyms. Street shoes or cleats are not permitted.
- Usage is limited to activities suitable for indoor facilities that does not cause marking or damage to walls, floors or fixtures.
- Floor hockey, lacrosse and football is not permitted.
- Soccer is permitted for children’s groups (age 10 and under) using clean, indoor balls.
- Softball/baseball teams may play catch with a nerf or whiffle ball. Batting is not permitted.
- Skating, boarding, scooters is not permitted.
SET UP/TAKE DOWN: Facilities are rented on an as is basis. It is the responsibility of the licensee to set up the room and to return it to its previous condition. Rental times should make allowances for this. All items brought in by the licensee and all trash must be removed from the space.
- BLEACHERS: Only district staff are permitted to move bleachers; charges apply.
- DECORATIONS: Displays, floral arrangements, musical equipment, etc. must be free standing so as not to damage or deface the premises.
- No nails, tape, glue or other type of adhesive may be used to affix items to the structure of the building.
- The use of candles or any other type of open flame is prohibited.
- Dry ice or any type of smoke generating devices are prohibited.
LARGE EVENTS: Events over 200 people that is open to the public may require a special event permit from the City of Abbotsford. The district will determine additional needs such as set up/clean up committees, security personnel, and extra custodial charges to ensure the building is ready for classes. The licensee will be responsible for any associated costs.
ACTIVE USE: The licensee must notify the district if the facility is not being used.
NON TRANSFERABLE: Rental Agreements may not be transferred, sublet or lent out to other groups or individuals.
CANCELLATION: The Licensee understands and agrees that the District may cancel, revise or revoke either specific usage or the entire rental agreement at any time with or without cause and that there will be no claim or right to damages or reimbursement for losses, damages or expenses arising from the cancellation.
PRE-EMPTION OF USAGE: The licensee understands and agrees that its use of facilities may be pre-empted at any time when required for school or for district use. Substitute spaces will not normally be made available.
SCHOOL BREAKS: Bookings are automatically cancelled on Statutory Holidays, School Breaks, Halloween, Pro D Days, Christmas Eve/Day and New Years Eve/Day.
UNFORESEEN CONDITIONS: Weather, power outages or emergency conditions may cause an unforeseen closure of the school. Snow removal crews are not dispatched on weekends or after hours. Snow accumulations and icy surfaces may be present. The Licensee accepts the premises at his/her own risk.
SMOKING/ALCOHOL: Smoking/vaping, consumption of alcohol OR drugs and persons under the influence are not permitted on district property.
ADVERTISING: Advertising through the school or on school property is not permitted.